Congratulations to the following members who were recently awarded a Sydney Vital Research Scholar Award. Awardees receive $10,000 towards their research.
- Kyle Crassini University Of Sydney, supervised by Prof Chris Ward, mRNA expression profiling of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) cells from in vivo hypoxic microenvironmental niches; application for in vitro research and clinical management
- Grace Lim, University of Sydney, supervised by A/Prof Roderick Clifton-Bligh, Targeting Telomerase in Thyroid Cancer
- Sara Alavi, Macquarie University, supervised by Prof Helen Rizos, Characterization of immunotherapy resistance effectors in melanoma
- Louise Koelmeyer, Macquarie University, supervised by Prof Catherine Dean, Feasibility of the SOZO device for home monitoring of lymphoemdema
- Lauren Joo, University of Sydney, supervised by Dr Jing Ting Zhao, miR-153-3p, a RET-associated non-coding RNA, acts a tumour suppressor in medullary thyroid carcinoma
- Dennis Diaz-Rincon, Macquarie University, supervised by A/Prof Anwar Sunna, Targeted photodynamic therapy of breast cancer with biological nanoparticles