Sydney Vital is a Translational Cancer Research Centre funded by the Cancer Institute NSW and co-funded by the University of Sydney. It comprises a collaborative network of members that span the translational research spectrum from a number of institutions and hospitals, including the University of Sydney, Macquarie University, University of Technology Sydney, Kolling Institute, the Royal North Shore Hospital, Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD), the Mater Hospital, the North Shore Private Hospital and HammondCare.
VISION: Establish Sydney Vital as a competitive network of excellence in conducting collaborative translational research to improve patient outcomes.
MISSION: Encourage and promote innovation and collaboration among preclinical and clinical researchers to support cancer research across the translational research pipeline.
GOAL: to ensure the right patient gets the right treatment at the right time.
- Build a supportive governance structure
- Enhance existing and develop new collaborations
- Develop and maintain essential translational research infrastructure
- Dissemination of research findings amongst researchers and to the wider community.
- Facilitate comprehensive research training and educational programs