Sydney Vital is proud to offer a unique scholarship opportunity for an outstanding PhD scholar to conduct research in the area of neuro-oncology. The successful applicant will conduct their research as part of the Sydney Vital Neuro-Oncology Centre of Excellence which is based at the Royal North Shore Hospital.
1. The scholarship is offered subject to the applicant having an unconditional offer of admission or being currently enrolled in full-time studies in a PhD at the University of Sydney, and be willing to undertake research in the field of neuro-oncology.
2. Applicants must hold an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class upper) or a recognised medical degree in a related discipline, or equivalent.
3. Applicants must have research experience in one of the following areas:
4. Applicants must provide names and contact details of at least two academic referees.
5. Applicants must be Australian citizens, Australian Permanent residents, New Zealand citizens or international applicants eligible for a visa.
Value & Duration: The Scholarship will provide a stipend allowance of $35,000 per annum from the date the successful applicant commences the scholarship until the 31 July 2019, subject to satisfactory academic performance. An extension may be offered by the University should funds become available. The maximum duration of the scholarship (including any extension) will not exceed three years.
Open Date: Apply Now
Close Date: 2 December 2017
For more information, please visit