Congratulations to the following members who were recently awarded a Sydney Vital Seed Funding Award. Awardees receive $25,000 towards their research.
- Prof Sharon Kilbreath University Of Sydney, High versus low – what is the optimal pressure for compression garment prescribed to women with mild to moderately severe lymphoedema?: a pilot RCT
- Ms Yue Xian (Selena) Ooi, Royal North Shore Hospital, The implementation of a multidisciplinary outpatient clinic for the early detection of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency and its complications in pancreatic cancer patients
- Prof Katherine Clark, Northern Sydney Local Health District, Topical nitrate as a novel agent to improve constipation symptoms in palliative care: and open label, phase Iia, proof of concept study
- Dr Mark Connor, Macquarie University, Developing next-generation pain therapies based on Cannabinoid derivatives
- Dr Sandhya Clement, University of NSW, Fractionate radiation assisted, nuclear targeted therapeutical model for effective destruction of Pancreatic Cancer cells in vivo
- A/Prof Viive Howell, Kolling Institute, Exploring new diagnostic and therapeutic options for high grade gliomas
Sydney Vital acknowledges the assessing committee and thanks them for their time.