Sydney Vital and The Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) Unit at Royal North Shore Hospital are offering a full time scholarship for a Doctor of Philsophy (Medicine) student at the University of Sydney commencing 2017 or 2018.
1. Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission for full-time studies in the Doctor of Philophy (Medicine) program at the University of Sydney commencing 2017 or 2018.
2. Applicants must be willing to undertake research in a field of research that includes, but is not limited to:
– Prognostic biomarkers in pancreatic cancer-IHC, proteomics, metabolomics
– Role of pancreatitis in adverse outcomes following pancreatic surgery
– Neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in resectable pancreatic cancer
– Nutrition and quality of life in pancreatic cancer or Immune therapy in pancreatic cancer
3. Applicants must hold a Honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) and/or a medical degree recognised in Australia.
4. Applicants must be Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, New Zealand citizens or international applicants eligible for a visa.
Value: $35,000 per annum
Duration: For up to one year, subject to satisfactory academic performance. The recipient may apply for an extension and this may be available if funds are available.
Open Date: Apply Now
Close Date: 2 December
For more information, please visit